Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Cousins

I'm thankful for cousins. I grew up with cousins, 4 who lived in my hometown, 3 who lived a 1-day drive away, and 4 who lived across the country. I remember how much fun we had as kids at holidays & birthdays, continuing the games we left off at the last meeting. Now that we're adults, I don't keep in touch often enough, but when we do meet, it's still just like picking up where we left off. Our lives are very different & we have changed, but because we have so much common history and forged a bond so young, it still feels like close family to me.

I'm thankful that my daughters will have the experience of growing up with cousins. I hope their friendships will endure, and they will someday get together as adults & talk about those crazy aunts, uncles & parents.

We spent Thanksgiving with the cousins and had a very nice time. My niece Katie alternated between working on college applications & showing off her iBook. Here are the photos we took with the iBook camera--featured are me, Meredith, Katie & Julia:


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

LadyLungDoc said...

With single child/childless families being so popular, cousins are becoming much less common than in the past - I can't imagine growing up without cousins.

Anonymous said...

Great post sweetie. Finally I see the crazy pictures you guys took! I'm glad to that we get to live so near our cousins. My sister and I never had close cousins because we lived so far away in Colorado. Now we are our own transplanted little Colorado family out here in New England.