Monday, October 27, 2008

Autumn

First, some knitting. I managed to complete a baby sweater in time for the shower! I finished the sweater & still had yarn, so I knit the booties. I still had yarn, so I knit the hat. My invisible seams are improving, so finishing is less & less of a chore. This project marked a turning point in my seriousness as a knitter. I didn't like the neckline of the sweater, so I modified it and created my own. I didn't like how it turned out, so I ripped it out & redid it. This is the first time I ever unravelled a finished piece--usually I'm too lazy, but this time I wanted it to be perfect.




Autumn has been wonderful this year--lots of warm, sunny days, amazing foliage, and a wonderful new backyard to enjoy. Sylvia's birthday was mid-September, and a friend of mine brought his American Shetland pony Dixie for pony rides for the kids. Later we had some boffer weapon fighting and a campfire. I still can't believe that I have a backyard for things like this:








Last Saturday we decided to skip the chores & just have fun with apple picking and a short hike in the woods.







Two amazing daughters, a wonderful husband, and stream running through my backyard--I still can't believe how lucky I am.



1 comment:

Jocele said...

you've been tagged...check out my blog. Hope you're all doing well...Rhinebeck is sounding pretty good, by the way.