Monday, June 2, 2008

Snacktime





I was carrying the baby through the living room when I stepped on something that I had never stepped on before--smooth with ridges, crunchy. I looked down & there on the floor was an entire box of dried spaghetti. Turns out the horses needed some hay.


Our dance parties now include Snacktime by the Barenaked Ladies--fun album. I love having dance parties with the girls as much as they love it. Mostly I do my "stretch dance" for my tense neck & shoulder. Then Sylvia & I do our dance move where I toss her onto the couch (why should daddies have all the fun?). Meredith tries to get in the thick of it, and she pounces on my head when I lay down to stretch my back. The dishes are piling up & the laundry isn't folded, but I figured out that I can either have a clean house or I can enjoy my kids while they're little. Some day I'll miss the Cheerios on the floor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Someday I'll miss Cheerios on the floor" reminds of Meredith W. She would just leave a couple Cheerios on the floor of the cabin to remind her of our visit.